Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

Today I did nothing.

That's right -- I did nothing. It was probably the first day in weeks, perhaps months that I did not have to do any work, and thus the little work I did, I did at my leisure. I finished the last bit of my grading today (about 10 students out of the 47 that I had to grade) and submitted them.

Besides that, I did nothing; it was absolutely wondrous. Usually, I push grading into a single day, doing it all, or the majority, in one gruelling 10 hour period. I finished the remnants of grading in roughly two hours, spending the rest of my time reading. Kevin has lent me Hyperion. So far, I am really enjoying it.

I can't remember taking a break like this. The idea of not doing work for a day seems alien and strangely out of place. Hopefully I have more days like this.

That's all for now. Hope everyone had a Happy Easter. Here is my Easter gift to you.. an Easter Bunny.

Says one customer:
"Thought it would make a cute Easter gift, no one else thought so, kids are in counselling now. Apparently I'm the only one with a sense of humor in this family"

Here's anothe Easter oddity, provided by Akintayo.

Oh, and this video has been spreading like a virus here at RPI.

More later some day. I finished the scripts necessary for the last of my phylogenetic analysis! More later when I get results. Now back to watching Planet Earth.

No comments: