Saturday, May 06, 2006

In the Final Stretch..

Well here we are. Classes have finally ended. I have one final. Not too bad, right? Except it is in the one class that I'm worried about. Graph Theory. It's a really informative course, and my instructor is terribly brilliant, but he has very high, albeit sometimes unrealistic standards for the class. Graph Theory is about definitions, theorems and proofs concerning graphs and their general construction ("well yeah," you might say, "it's Graph THEORY you idiot. What did you expect?"). In other words, proofs + definitions + theorems = oodles of memorization. It shouldn't be as bad as the midterm, since he is letting us have a "cheat sheet" containing theorems and definitions. I'm still doomed. The worse that can happen is that I get a C in Graph Theory. The best scenario, I get an A. I think my current study plan involves concentrating on the creation of mentioned cheat sheet, and going over all my homeworks and the midterm. If I understand all the proofs in that, I will at least be free of the guilt that I didn't sufficiently prepare.

In between study bursts, I'm amusing myself with a rediscovery of an old classic, Lemmings. I also am amusing myself with a game that one of my friends (Ethan) showed me, called Planarity. I'm trying to convince myself that this game counts as studying for my final.

I am sooo doomed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh spiffy! I found your blog.
I like the writing style a lot! You give a good mix of fact and opinion that informs and expresses well.

BTW, the Bioinf grades are up.

--Theo

Suzanne said...

W00t! Thanks Theo! I was wondering when that was coming up.

Have a good summer :-) And keep in touch!