Saturday, May 27, 2006

Texas, here I come!

So tomorrow morning, I am leaving for Texas. Hooray! I've been looking forward to this for the last couple of weeks. I'm finally packed: I'm bringing with me two computers and then extraneous stuff, like clothes, food, etc. I'll be arriving around 9pm EST tomorrow night, and then it's check-in, crashing, sleeping, whatever.

So I had a series of goals of things that I wanted to do these last two weeks: They were:

1.) Relaxing
2.) Cover some FORTRAN
3.) Relearn C
4.) Read research papers
5.) Contact people about qualifiers

Of those objectives, the following were accomplished:

1.) Relaxing
2.) Cover Some FORTRAN - A little
3.) Relearn C - A bit more
4.) Read research papers - 30% (longest one read)
5.) Contact people about qualifiers - nada

I have a few days in Texas before "work" officially starts, so I can finish reading my research papers easily in that time frame and look over C some more. In the case I never make it to Texas or back, I have decided to assemble a series of last words:

"Planes are completely safe!"

"Hmm.. pointers in C look easier than the ones in C++."

"Genetic and Cooperative Algorithms? Psh. Piece of cake."

"I'm 95 miles from Houston! I'm safe from whatever hurricane blows through the Gulf this summer. Six major storms? What a joke!"

--alternatively --

"Global warming totally doesn't exist!"



In other news, Dan is up at our new apartment for the summer. He's taken a bunch of pictures of our place, which he will be sending over to me shortly. So, apartment pics will be posted soon! Yay!

Ok. I better stop being hyper and get some rest. I have a plane to catch tomorrow.

Have a good night.
-Suzanne

No comments: