Thursday, February 08, 2007

Holy.. What did I just do?

A hearty good morning from the (tired jubilant!) comp-sci next door! After wrestling with my randomized algorithms homework for several painstaking hours, I finally submitted the damn thing at 4:45 am. Realizing that sleep was pretty much shot to hell, I thought to myself, "hmm... why don't I work on my Statistics homework?" Best. freaking. idea. ever.

I am now a mere 10% away from completion. I need to finish a couple odd problems, and do the writeup for those. Besides that though, I am DONE! :-) I feel absolutely wonderful. But perhaps another reason is due to the fact that today was the first day since the summer that I worked for almost 17 hours straight. And, just like I did over the summer, I loved it!

I went to the bathroom a few hours ago, and casually glanced at my appearance in the mirror. While I felt wired and ready to work, I noticed my eyes were as red as my nose, which was as red as my lips, which were as red as my shirt. If I were a puppy right now, I'd look adorable, I thought. However, since I am not a puppy, but a very tired grad student, this does not bode well.

Now, as it nears 7, I look out my office window and watch the sun come up, like I had watched the sun go down several hours ago. I am probably going to head down to the Amos Eaton lounge very shortly to take a nap until 10 am. Then I'll wake up for Randomized Algorithms lecture. After which, I plan to climb in my bed and sleep until 3:30. Then I'll go to Proteomics lecture. Then I'll sleep until like 9. And then I'll finish Statistics (It's due Friday). Then I'll sleep some more. The hope is, if I sleep enough tomorrow, my sleep schedule will realign itself and all will be happy.

Let's see... a quick update. Quals went fairly well. I decided not to take the C+C qual until next semester (a good move for me, I think). So, right now, 3/5 quals passed, which is pretty decent. What else? Oh. I got new glasses, and I'm going to California for a conference and India at the beginning of the summer (yeah.. I'll be going back for the first time in 8 freakin years!). What am I forgetting...? Oh! The scarf. It morphed into a hat, and then into an unfinished hat. I still have the best of intentions for it, but I have a feeling that it won't get completed for a while.

Time for me to curl up on the couch downstairs. I will try and write again some other time! Good night (or good morning!)

No comments: