Monday, February 26, 2007

Need Sleep

After staying up till 4:30 to do Randomized Algorithms, I think I'm in a serious need for sleep. So I'm about to go back and take a nap.

I was just perusing through my daily collection of new-sites, when I see this heading: "NYC blanketed with 2 to 4 inches of snow". I nearly burst out laughing. "Blanketed"? Oh noes! 4 INCHES of snow! Call a state emergency! Last week, Albany got hit with about 20 inches (on Valentine's day, actually), and I suspect we'll be getting more shortly. CNN sensationalizes things way too much.

If you check CNN often enough, you often see blunders, and sometimes (I suspect), information you weren't supposed to see, as later in the day, that little tidbit or "slip-up" is gone. I took a screenshot of their little "blanket" title, but since I'm not allowed to post it, I think I'll just send a link to the article instead. Keep in mind the "blanket"ing statement they made may still not be there. If you don't believe me, ask, and I'll show you the screenshot :-)

Check it out.

Ok. Getting REAL tired. Sleepy time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think the article in question implies panic on our part -- "blanketed" could just mean "covered evenly".

Anyhow, we haven't had a lot of the cold white stuff down here, and even seeing a scant few inches come down was a little overwhelming. It's mostly melted by now, though.

Keep rocking the Great White North!

Ethan