Sunday, October 14, 2007

Florida! (part I)

Things learned so far:

1.) The food sold in the in-hotel mini-food-store is only ~$2 more expensive than the food sold at RPI.

2.) The beds at the Hilton are super soft and comfy.

3.) Downtown Disney is fun to walk around in.

4.) I look stupid with mouse ears.

5.) 4-inch heels are not good for walking, no matter how "comfortable" you think they are; 3 hours later, your feet will be in pain.

------------

Just got back from exploring Downtown Disney... there is a whole slew of shops, many of which I took pictures of. Of note was the Lego store, which I had a lot of fun walking through and taking pictures of. I also saw a "build-your-own lightsaber" station in one of the toy stores, which I just -had- to take a picture of (all my pics will be up on Facebook sometime later... during the trip, I'm not sure, but definitely after).

Conference related stuff is going to start around 6pm tonight. Until then, I'm going to relax, mostly, me thinks; maybe tuck into another research paper (I've read at least 5 so far). Or maybe I'll take a nap.. mmmm.. nap sounds good.

1 comment:

Nikhil said...

Sounds like you're having a lot of fun! You should let go of the papers for a bit. You'll have plenty when you return.

Yes, you are right. It is Neil Armstrong.