Saturday, November 10, 2007

Ubuntu 7.10 - Gutsy Gibbon (Fixing VPN)

Now in Windows, I test out my Cisco external VPN connection. After successfully being able to connect to my server (which is now behind the firewall -- another rant), I knew there wasn't anything wrong with External VPN. So one of two things must have happened.

By some hidden magic, External VPN no longer supports vpnc, or by some other hidden magic, vpnc changed somehow from Ubuntu 7.04, to 7.10, in an unproductive manner for me.

I head over the help-desk site and see the package that they have for linux. I shudder I -really- don't want to deal with their shit if I can get things working on my own. Back to ubuntu forums. Sure enough, other people seemed to be having a similar problem.

I now have the following instructions:

You can find the client here:
http://linux-support.hiwi.rz.uni-kon...1.0640.tar.bz2
Extract the file. Make sure, that you have installed the kernel headers and then run
sudo ./vpn_install

Link

h'okay, then, let's see what we get. Reboot into linux.

No comments: